I decided it was time to make a healthy chicken chimichanga – and this is definately a keeper!
- 12 Wonton Wrappers (Nasoya)
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa (Alter Ego, Organic Rainbow, made with chicken broth)
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican cheese (Aldi – Happy Farms)
- 2.25 cups chopped grilled chicken (320 grams)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 minced jalapeno
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder (Spice Islands)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt to taste (this recipe really does need some salt to bring out the flavors – don’t fear the salt!)
Grill and chop chicken breast. Mince jalapeno and onion. In a bowl, mix together quinoa, 1.5 cups of the cheese, chicken, onion, jalapeno, and spices. Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray and place one wonton wrapper in each. Pack mixture into 1/4 cup measuring cup and plop into the wonton lined cupcake pan. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes.
Add this item to your food diary or view nutrition information here.
Serving suggestions: Salsa, pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream, or guacamole.